Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

This too shall pass...

After a really, really, incredibly bad end of the week last week, I surprisingly had an amazing weekend.
I woke up on Saturday morning, refreshed and ready to be positive.

Sure there still are things, scary, questionable things that make me nervous. But my stress is only going to hurt me, my baby, and it was also starting to affect my wonderful boyfriend.
He takes so much away from me, does so much, is so strong for us both. I sincerely do not know what I would do without him, without his unconditional love.

But this weekend... Ooooh... This weekend was exactly what I needed.
I wasn't even sad to see it end, it was just too perfect for it to go on forever.

Saturday, I got my hair cut. Then, we sat around and played video games for most of the day, until he had to go to work. Which... I'll be honest, was AWWWWESOME. I had so much fun! Just having him around, being able to lean over and kiss him whenever I damn well felt like it... It's amazing how much you can take for granted.

Yesterday was my really good, and pregnant, friend Jenny's baby shower. I was excited, and it was awesome seeing her.
It's hard to believe in nearly a month, her sweet little boy will be coming out to greet the world. Who, hopefully, doesn't let us down and actually does have the most nomm-iest cheeks, like his 4-D Ultrasound suggests.

Then, shortly after getting home from that, Ed lets me know that we were invited out for bowling. At first, I was kind of peeved. I'd misunderstood him, and I was annoyed because I finally, FINALLY get to enjoy a Sunday off with my wonderful man-friend, and he's goes off with friends to go out to eat and bowl. What the eff?!?!
Turns out, I was invited too. (I was pretty much going, either freakin' way. Hah..)

And we had soooo much fun. Zoh. Mah. Googles. They got to play 'Lazer' tag, and bowl. I just sat back, and enjoyed watching everyone else make fool out of themselves. But I had a LOT of fun.
And Ed got to take advantage, yet again, of his guaranteed sober driver. :-) (For at least a few more months!)
Oh well, He's so good to me, I'm just happy when I can give back to him.

As it turns out, I'm quite the fan of him.

And, I'm pretty sure he's pretty fond of me as well. Don't think he'll be kicking me to the curb any time soon. :-)

Two weeks from this weekend marks my baby shower. This is exciting. I have had so many people that want to come out and support me, and our precious soon-to-be daughter.

Oh, by the way. It's April 19th. (Happy Birthday, yesterday, Dad!)

And a while ago, I wondered aloud as I surveyed the deadened grass and trees over a wintery Northwest Arkansas valley. I see this valley every day, and I pondered what it would be like to look at it months from now, and see it all green, and know that my little girl was so much closer.

Of course, it's only April, but it's totally green. (I didn't take a before, cuz who the hell thinks about that?!)

Anyway, it has been months since I've pondered this, and I only have 2 1/2 months left in my pregnancy.
It's very scary. And this only serves as a reminder every day, that her arrival is ever imminent.

That green enough for ya? Eeek. Scary!

Pretty soon, it'll be so hot outside that I'll be wishing I could jump in a pool. And THEN? It's another month 'til she's here.
I need all the time I can get, at this point. We still have to get her nursery set up, get her crib built, etc, etc. But, really? I am just so ready to hold her, to kiss her. Hell, even just to meet her.

Ahh... What a day that will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment