Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The best is yet to come...

We've been down one bumpy path.
Filled with twists and turns I couldn't have predicted a year ago.
8 months ago, I found the love of my life. 8 months ago, I realized my true love.
8 bumpy, crazy months ago, you became mine, and I became your's. Our hearts intertwined like the roots of a tree, never to know life separate again.

Nearly 7 months ago - from that love, that amazing, life-changing love - another love was created, though we had yet to truly discover it yet.
7 months ago, we created our beautiful baby girl.
7 months ago, a love so true, so pure, so deep and perfect spurred the only thing that could come out of something so beautiful.
And though we've yet to lay eyes on it, I know the truth of that beauty in my heart.

Through the past 7 months, we've had our up's, and we've had our down's.
In the past 7 months, you stood by my side as we listened to our precious baby's heartbeat for the first time.
You held my hand when we first saw her beautiful little silhouette dance across the blurry screen. And we both teared up, hand in hand.
You held me when I cried, and you remained firm in your love for me when hormones made it less than easy.
You were my rock through the more difficult and scary parts of this pregnancy, and my strength when fear of the unknown was too much for me to handle.

You've been so much more than my best friend. So much more than my lover.
You are my soul mate. Never in my life have I been so convinced of anything.
Never have I known anything to be more true.

We've held so many beautiful memories in these past 8 months. Memories that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world. Experienced so much in so little a time.
These have been the greatest 8 months of my entire life.

But the little kicking girl in my belly reminds me, there is so much more to walk and experience. Together.
I can guarantee that there will be more bumps. And, knowing us, more unforeseen twists and turns.
But we will walk this path, this wonderful journey, this crazy adventure. Hand in hand. Forever in love.

Because, my dear...
The best is yet to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment