Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I was going to post yesterday about our first child birthing class.

Well, it was a great plan. I sat down to write it, not one. Not two. But THREE times.

Did it ever get done? Naaah.


It went great, by the way. Thanks for asking.

The instructor is this lady who has been involved with child-birth - either through being a nurse, lactation consultant, etc - for her entire career. And she's been teaching child birthing classes for 9 years.

I love her. Her philosophy towards child-birth is my philosophy towards child-birth, I just didn't know how to say it.

She thinks that an epidural is fine during labor/delivery. But she said, and I quote, "I want it to be a tool for labor and delivery. Not your savior from it."

Hell yeah!

Here's my thinking on it:
I am woman. My body has been specifically designed to do this. I want experience the same thing that women have been experiencing for generations before this. I don't want to take drugs to escape that experience.
Now, I want an epidural... eventually. Just not immediately. I want to go through some pain. But when it gets too much for me, I want to know that I have options available to me. Basically, I want to have kids after this. And I don't want this first one to be so bad that I'm running for the hills at any mention of child-birth.

The other thing I was impressed with?
Ed.

He was amazing. He is going to be such a doting coach/partner during the whole thing. I can just tell already.
And while I know he thought the class was boring, he was a good sport about it and didn't fall asleep once. ;-)

Friday, we go back in for another ultrasound to check out my fluid levels.

Please, anyone out there on these vast internets, please keep me and my little girl in your thoughts. I want everything to be alllll better. I want my fluid to be stabilized.

I felt her hiccup today. For possibly the first, maybe the 2nd time. I swear, I wanted to cry.
(One cause of Hydramnios is her having a problem with swallowing. And if you're hiccuping, you're swallowing, right? I was getting worried when I was approaching week 30, and hadn't felt her hiccup.)

So yes, keep us in your thoughts all week. But mainly on Friday... Around 11am.

No comments:

Post a Comment