Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Write what you know..

This is what I know...

Sometimes I think that I got too lucky.
That the man that's currently asleep in my bed? Is too much. That I hit a jackpot, and I wasn't even going for the gold.

He's going to be an amazing partner, the perfect support for when I eventually push this little girl out.

He's going to fall in love with her the moment he sets his eyes on her. And he's going to love her with everything that he has in him.

He's going to raise her right, believing that hard work, and doing the right thing are how you live. Not always how you get ahead, but you don't compromise yourself to do that.
And if you're asked to compromise yourself and your beliefs to succeed? It isn't worth it.

He's going to give her everything he can.

And that man? Who I got lucky enough to be with me, to love me, to choose me... Will love me for the rest of his life.
He will kiss me when I'm 30 pounds heavier, insisting that I am just as beautiful as I was before.
He will love me, and we will grow our family together, forever in love. Because he knows what he has, and he won't ever let it go.

Sometimes, I just don't know how I got so damn lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment