Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 25 Prenatal appointment - The one in which I got called fat.

Yesterday was the glucose screening test for Layliana and I.

We got through it alright. The not eating for so long, and then the buttload of sugar pumped into my system at once gave me a splitting headache. And once I got to a certain stage of hunger, she stopped kicking for a while. She was hungry too.
But, overall, was definitely not as bad as I expected. The waiting the entire hour was the worst.

My iron's looking good, and I'm measuring on the bigger side of normal. Not big enough to be considered big, still completely normal here. (Say, I'm 25 weeks along, therefore am supposed to measure 23cm-27cm, I am measuring 27.)

I have one more appointment with my nurse practitioner that I've been seeing this entire time. One more.

This is very sad for me. She is a sweetheart, and I have really grown to like her.

I'm really sad I'm going to have to switch to another doctor. A MALE doctor. *GASP*

Doctor P-something-I-can't-remember at Mercy.

To be honest, this makes me nervous! I've never had a male doctor. Ed seems just fine with it, and I have friends that tell me that everything is going to be alright, but maaan. I'm just nervous.

I'm going to see this man just as much as I ever saw Hope, due to the fact that I'll be seeing him more often. I hope he's good. I hope he's not mean. I hope I like him and I trust him with my baby.

I gained 8 pounds since my last check up. That's more than 2 lbs a week. Making my total weight gain so far 20 lbs. (I really think it's more like 18, but whatever. I won't split hairs with my doctor.)

This was shocking to me, in that seeing that huge number that's never graced a scale that I have ever stepped on was utterly shocking. Just... Wow. Holy Crap. I weigh a lot. Granted, I'm growing a baby, but DAMN.

It was also not-so-shocking. Let's just say I've cut out donuts from my morning ritual.
(They were starting to know my name! And which days to expect me!) I'm going to be indulging in more healthy options, and not so cheesy ones.
Which is a pretty weird feeling. I've always been able to eat however I feel like, now I have to watch what I eat?


Anyway...
The countdown is dwindling down ever so slightly. 102 days left.

In about a week and a half, we'll be sitting at 3 months 'til her debut. I will call it her 'Debut', because I have a feeling that this little girl inside of me is going to make one hell of an appearance.

(Momma loves you, little girl. Oh, so much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment