Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April Fools us all

Well, Tomorrow is April.


I think I've been working off the assumption that time would stop until I felt comfortable enough to allow it to progress.
This is not the case.

Tomorrow, April begins. And On Saturday, our sweet baby girl will officially be here in THREE MONTHS.

And if you're doing your math, on Sunday, that means that the countdown to Layliana Audrea Rugg will look something like, "2 months, 29 days"

NO. No No No No No nononono... NO. HAAAIIILLL NAW.

About a month-- Nah, who am I kidding? I have no grasp of time anymore -- A while ago, I wrote about how I could look out over the valley that our office overlooks, and everything was dead. No color in the sky, no green in the grass, everything was waiting for beautiful weather and spring.

Umm... Well? The grass is a beautiful, perfect shade of green right now. The bushes are starting to sprout have sprouted leaves. And the weather? Well, despite being a wee bit windy, is definitely beautiful and perfect. When did this all happen? I thought it was still February something. That's when I told time to stop, And it didn't, and WHAT THE HELL.

I am going to write a letter to my congress-people. This is an OUTRAGE!

But, there is good news in the horizon of ever progressing dates and the ever-diminishing amount of time until I have a FREKIGNASING Baby: Tomorrow, they're supposedly going to start the revamping of our new house. Meaning we are thatmuch closer to being able to move in. And to when I can start the nesting phase that I am OH SO ready to start.

Which also means, moving. Which is decidedly less exciting than NURSERY. WITH PINKS AND FLUFF-LES AND CUTENESS.

But, today? Even the thought of moving sometime really soon couldn't get me down.

I got so much sleep last night. And it felt OH-SO-GOOD. I woke up in the best mood. (Which is nice, since I have been a horrible person for the better portion of 5 days now.)
And then I walked outside, and that didn't help, cuz it's just so damn beautiful outside. What, with the perfect freaking weather, and all.

And this VIEW. I'm telling you, it's awesome. To have that as the back-drop to work. I mean, damn. I don't have this good of a view AT HOME.

This weather, coupled with my insatiably good mood, has me all excited to start exercising. Nothing too strenuous, just walking everyday. The last Prenatal appointment has me all self-conscious about my weight. And I know I shouldn't be, the fact that I'm growing a human being should be enough to kick that, "I'M SO FAT" pregnancy mentality. Alas, it isn't.

I've trimmed down the amount of snacks I eat a day. I will eat 3-4 meals, and then a snack in between them. Usually... Yesterday, I had a handful of almonds and a cereal bar after lunch. (Before, I was eating A LOT. A lot of snacks too. Unhealthy ones, at that. Little Debbies, and sugary snacks out the WAZOO.)

I'm hoping that will be enough to tone down my weight gain. And I won't have to stop eating those things I love so much. Like desserts. And pasta. And macaroni and cheese.
Cuz then? It just wouldn't be worth it to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment