Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Someone like you...



As last summer's end approached, temperatures were dropping and so was my ability to tolerate the pain that I had been voluntarily subjecting myself to since spring.
Someone was hurting me, on a near constant basis.
This song played, and it was like a call to the universe. I could use somebody. I'm ready now... I'm ready. I'm ready now. Somebody...

And I suppose I opened my eyes, because there he was.  Beautiful. Sweet. Thoughtful. Amazing. Brilliant.

And while it took me longer than it should have to finally realize the scope of my feelings for him, this song always made me think of him. Driving on my way home, the sun setting off in the distance in front of me. The wind blowing in my hair. And thoughts of him involuntarily running through my head.

He stole my heart, that summer. The long nights, and long talks. I was a goner from the beginning. As soon my heart was ready, he was ready for me.

And every time I hear that song now... It brings me back to the summer sun and the breeze in my hair, and the feelings that were stirring inside of me. That has now opened up into the most amazing relationship I've ever been in. Not without its struggles, but the struggles aren't what make us. It's how we get through them, with work and more love than I could have imagined.

I love you, ECR. More than words could ever hope to express.
And for the rest of my life, I will love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment