Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Lesson for today: Never tempt the universe.

When my dad was visiting yesterday, he asked how I was feeling.
My response? "Not that bad, actually. Not as bad as I thought I would by this point."

And then what does my body do? Makes me look like a lying liar. All the while, making me suffer unbelievable amounts.


Today has been awful. AWFUL. This morning, I woke up feeling just fine. Rested, which is actually a surprise for a Monday.
Then? I went and got PENCIL LEAD stuck in my foot, like a splinter. Which took 45 minutes of gouging in my foot to remove.
Then, after the pencil lead was removed... My nose started bleeding. Profusely.

On the way to work, Ed was driving me since he had a road trip to (and from) Little Rock today, and I actually had the nerve to say, "I think I should call in today. Whaddya think?"
His response was a normal Ed response. "No. You'll learn something with me, I don't like it when people shirk their responsibilities, so I won't ever let you do it. BLAHBLAHBLAH."

Truth is, I was feeling a bit... Off. Not good, for sure. It was hard to catch my breath, but not in the normal 'Oh-Theres-A-Baby-where-my-lungs-once-were' kind of way. It was more of a light-headed, I think I'm gonna pass out sorta way.

And then with the Braxton Hicks contractions, plus he was gonna be gone all day, leaving me without a way to go home should I need to.

Sure enough, come lunch. I ate. 30 minutes later, I got nauseous. And, I don't throw up. Only when I absolutely cannot avoid it any longer OMFG, IHATETHROWINGUP.
It's a mental block thing. Probably completely unhealthy. Meh...

I have been on the verge of throwing up all day long. And guess what totally helps??
BRAXTON HICKS CONTRACTIONS.

Man. There have been a butt-load of them today. And last night. And geez-us. I am Done with this.

But for now? I will cuddle with my man, and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment