Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hard and tough decisions

Today I had to 'unfriend' an old friend on Facebook. Silly, I know. (OOO, You unfriended someone on Facebook.) Big fucking deal.

But it really was... This person was someone I used to call a friend. My best friend, even. For me, 'friend' isn't a temporary title. I don't let people in all that easily. I don't care for someone and then just... stop.

Apparently this is a rare trait.

I have become, for some inexplicable reason, the target for her misery. You see, I've been in a constant battle with depression ever since I had my daughter. I treasure every happy moment I have, because I've known too many days, weeks even, that I didn't know very many of them.
But, as the old saying goes, 'Misery loves company.' And this person was trying to cut me down, for the smallest things.

She can hate on me all she wants. She can judge and berate me for every little decision I make. But that doesn't mean that I have to sit there and take it. I don't have a very large group of friends, because I don't keep many acquaintances.  And I definitely don't make it a habit to keep negative people around me.
I have enough shit to deal with. I try and make smart decisions about who I keep company with people that build me up. People that love me, and care about me. Not people who make it a habit of cutting me down.

I'm sorry. There was a point in time when I truly cared about you. And it breaks my heart to know that those days may never return.
I wish it didn't have to be so.

Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment