Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I could say...





When I was 22, I was involved with someone, in a situation that was bad for me. Really bad for me... I made terrible decisions, and I suffered for them. To this day, this person remains the only thing in my life that I regret, that I would go back and undo.

When I broke this person's heart, because I'd finally come to my senses, he sent me this song. It made me feel selfish, which maybe I was... But maybe I finally needed to be.

Almost 3 years later, I am so much a different person. I could never do the things that I did back then. I would never let someone control me the way I let him control and manipulate me.

More so, I know who I am...
I am Becca. I am... Strong, when I want to be. I will stand up for myself, but I pick my battles. Most of the time, I'd rather say you're right than continue fighting. I love laughing. I am totally into yoga. I am sometimes a huge bitch, especially if I've been consuming alcohol.

I am a mother. And a damn good one. I have finally found my soul mate. And he's a damn good father. He makes me a better person.

And I would never let someone make me feel like he did. So cruel for doing what was right for me...

This person contacted me recently... Said he saw me and my daughter. Commented on how happy I looked...
And I am. Because I choose who gets to be in my life. And I choose good people. Supportive people. People who love me for who I am...

And that doesn't include someone like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment