Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I remember...

  • I remember finding out I was pregnant. I remember not being able to sleep because I wanted to take that damn pregnancy test. And then peeing on it, and then running in and showing Ed.
  • I remember throwing up. Every smell set me off. ESPECIALLY THAT ONE RIGHT THERE GET IT AWAY FROM ME. EW.
  • I remember reading almost non-stop about my pregnancy. I think that I felt that the more I read about it, eventually it would become real.
  • I remember feeling the baby kick for the first time. I remember freaking out when I didn't feel it again for like a week... I even called up the doctor and asked them if there was something wrong.
     
  • (Answer: No, you crazy pregnant chick.)
  • I remember having no clue how much my life was going to change. And knowing that I had no clue.
  • I remember our birthing classes. I remember the excitement that was in the air.
  • I remember the warm nights walking out of the class, I remember perfect moments driving home. Knowing that I was preparing for the hardest thing I'd done thus far in my life.
  • I remember being 36 weeks pregnant, and feeling that 6 more weeks? Would be the death of me. SIX MOAR WEEKS?! THAT'S LIKE... A MILLION YEARS!!
  • I eventually started answering the question, "When are you gonna have that baby?" with "NEVER. SHUDDUPIHATEYOU."
  • I remember waking up at 10:30pm, on Friday, July 2nd with a contraction. I waited about a half hour to an hour to text Ed. And he still didn't come home for an hour after that... (I wanted to be POSITIVE that I was in labor. When I finally went to the hospital, I was not gonna get sent home.)
  • I remember pushing. I pushed like my life depended on it. Part of it was that I was DONE. BEING. PREGNANT. GET THIS EFFING BABY OUT OF ME!!
    And another part of it was that I wanted to meet her. I was bringing my baby into the world. And what better motivation is there?!
  • I remember looking over after they took her off my stomach, to weigh her and what-not, I looked at Ed, and he embraced me, tears rolling down our faces. In that moment, everything was perfect. In that moment, we had become a family.
When people ask me, "So, how is it? Being a mommy?" It's wonderful, amazing, perfect, fulfilling. And it's stressful, and challenging, and non-stop. It's flipping your life upside down. It's giving up nearly everything selfish, and doing for the baby. Always thinking of someone else.

And it's those moments. When she looks at you.. When she smiles.. When she laughs.. When she touches your face, and stares adoringly at you.

Parenthood is the hardest thing I've ever done. But worth every second. Every sleepless night. Every hour she's spent screaming non-stop.

It's everything I've ever dreamed of... Everything I've ever wanted from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment